What about when the HobDrive isn't running?

Common discussion area

What about when the HobDrive isn't running?

alexspires » 15 июл 2012, 18:22

Hello!

I would like to buy HobDrive and a OBD2 dongle to use together my RoadRover WinCe unit on my Honda Civic 11. The first reason is that my car doesn't have a board computer to control the Km/l (fuel consumption). But I presume the HobDrive will not always running on my RoadRover device and on these time, all the info of the car provided by obd2 is not used, like the HobDrive is not running?

Because for instance the global fuel usage will be broken if this happen....so whats happen with the data when if HobDrive isn't running?

I believe I was clear in my question, if not, please reply me.

Thanks!
Новичок

Re: What about when the HobDrive isn't running?

cail » 16 июл 2012, 08:54

Of course hobdrive can't calculate and aggregate data when not running.
For MPG that could be acceptable, since MPG still will be valid (but for smaller intervals).
But for other things, like total fuel, fuel level, trip distance, etc. - the stats will not be complete.

However, hobdrive is normally installed into CE head units exactly to be used all the time (its easy to setup autorun for hobdrive).

Notice hobdrive may be in background and still working for you.

We also plan to introduce a 'correction' function, where you may enter missed miles/liters so hobdrive could sync with your vehicle.
HobDrive(свежак) + Android4 rk3188 2din + Elm327USB + Pontiac Vibe 2003
Не пишите пожалуйста вопросы в личку. Создавайте тему в соответствующем форуме.
Администратор