speed correction - which direction

Common discussion area

speed correction - which direction

sascha » 04 сен 2012, 21:06

Hi,

In which direction does the speed correction factor influence the speedometer signal?
Does 1.1 mean my real velocity is 10 Percent higher than the signal or the other way round?
Sorry - I could just try it with an extreme value but mayby somebody can answer?

Best regards,
Sascha
Начинающий

Re: speed correction - which direction

cail » 05 сен 2012, 03:51

1.1 means hobdrive will increase speed from ECU by 10% and then'll use that in all calculations.
HobDrive(свежак) + Android4 rk3188 2din + Elm327USB + Pontiac Vibe 2003
Не пишите пожалуйста вопросы в личку. Создавайте тему в соответствующем форуме.
Администратор

sascha » 05 сен 2012, 08:55

Thanks Cail - thats what I thought. But I am desperately looking for the reason why my new forged aluminium rims ( the ominous "magnesium" wheels from the 3L lupo) with michelin energy tires do not save any fuel (far from it!) - so I hoped that maybe at least my 1.7% correction due to the higher circumference compared to the stock wheels where applied in the wrong way - but as you say the 1.017 are right. Damn. :cry:
Начинающий

cail » 05 сен 2012, 11:11

with michelin energy tires do not save any fuel

Running on magnesium rims and michlen tires you probably unconsciously pull down throttle 10% harder, thus neutralizing all your savings
:lol: :lol:
Администратор

sascha » 18 сен 2012, 22:41

max throttle I apply is about 80% - just before the enrichment becomes active. But now after some more cycles I think I have measured a positive effect - puh.
Initially it was I think a somehow unlucky coincident of several negative aspects (colder ambient temperatures, headwind and some additional passengers :lol: ) that overcompensated the potential benefit of the rims and the tyres. Now I think I save another 5%. A fuel measurment for the last 1100km (based on two refill at the same gas station + two times 20Liters from a canister) unveiled an average consuption of about 6.5l/100km - while hobdrive calculated about 6.0l/100km - hence still room for improvement for the mpg method.
When do you think the new version will be released - at least as a beta version? You know, that which will have incorperated a powers specific consumption an an over RPM variable VE.. ;)
Начинающий

cail » 19 сен 2012, 10:18

Now releasing beta builds quite often, but not sure when I'll take over variable VE. Will try planning this in near time.
Администратор