HOBD on GPS CS9200RV [Solved!]

hobDrive installation and configuration on Windows/Windows Mobile devices.

HOBD on GPS CS9200RV [Solved!]

dimitrov2000 » 31 июл 2014, 09:31

I'm willing to buy HobDrive so I've downloaded
the demo version and I'm trying to make things work
but I have some difficulties...

The problems:

1. My GPS device is CS9200RV on which I already have two
USB Host ports. It is attached to my OEM LCD screen and the
navi works OK. The car is Lexus RX300 year 2002.

2. The OS is WindowsCE 6.0 Embedded - the kind that resets itself
to factory condition every time it is restarted i.e. deletes
all additional files in Windows directory.

3. The SD card is called "SD MMC" and I have ResidentFlash on

the device. The Resident Flash keeps the files after restart.

4. When I copy the FTDI driver and plug the ELM327 USB it

says "Input driver's name" but there I have no keyboard

popping up so I can't do anything.

The (possible) solutions:

1. USB - Use some kind of batch that copies the driver where

is needed and writes on the registry all the necessary stuff

automatically, every time I start HobDrive.

2. Bluetooth - The same for the drivers and the registry PLUS

Bluetooth USB Dongle driver. I've been reading on something

called SYSGEN_BTH_USB_ONLY but if I'm not mistaken they say

that it must be integrated in the WinCE OS via Platform

Builder. I don't know if it can be added additionally.

I've found in the forum's FAQ partial descriptions and solutions for similar problems but I'm not such an expert to unite them and compile total solution for my case.

So sorry to bother but Is there a chance that somebody with

more knowledge than mine prepares a full script (with the

drivers inside) to run from SD Card (because in my OS even the CAB installation is dissabled...)
Последний раз редактировалось dimitrov2000 02 авг 2014, 21:47, всего редактировалось 1 раз.
HobDrive(1.1.1 licensed) + GPS Box CS9200RV (WinCE 6.0) + Elm327 USB + Lexus RX300 MY 2002
Начинающий

Re: HOBD on GPS CS9200RV

cail » 31 июл 2014, 12:22

Hi, have you read this?
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=34

It has a link to a script which does what you want: types in the driver path.

You may also may want to install custom keyboard (you'll anyway need it when using hobdrive).
HobDrive(свежак) + Android4 rk3188 2din + Elm327USB + Pontiac Vibe 2003
Не пишите пожалуйста вопросы в личку. Создавайте тему в соответствующем форуме.
Администратор

Re: HOBD on GPS CS9200RV

dimitrov2000 » 31 июл 2014, 12:57

Thanks for the reply. As I said I'm not too advanced so can you tell me which of the scripts I have to execute. In my menu I have option for only one. Another question because I'm not too familiar with Mortscript do I have to modify the txt files with my paths so they can be executed by the exe above? And how can I merge the scripts to executed one after another because there is "AutoEnterDriver" and then "AutoRunHobdrive" and there is also registration entries which I hope are done by the script because my WinCE says that there is no program associated with such file. Can you explain please briefly the steps. As for keyboard I have remote controller with mouse pad that came with the unit but even with the pointer I cannot access the field to write letters.
HobDrive(1.1.1 licensed) + GPS Box CS9200RV (WinCE 6.0) + Elm327 USB + Lexus RX300 MY 2002
Начинающий

Re: HOBD on GPS CS9200RV [Solved!]

dimitrov2000 » 02 авг 2014, 21:47

Well good news!
I manage to get it working (ELM327 USB Ver.15a) with ftdi_ser.dll and the "auto enter" script and I had the chance to test it for about 100 km. Works like a charm, so I'm just ordering now the full version!
A couple of questions though...I apologize in advance if I'm repeating other posts...

1. Is there a configuration file inside the program so I can set everything up on my PC, because I'm still not getting keyboard on my unit and it's a pain specially in fields where I have to put values myself (there is no dropdown list)?

2. In my 2002 Lexus both settings in the selected protocol are working - "ELM RESET" and "ISO-9141-2". Which is best to stay with?
3. Is there a way to put away values on the screen that are not supported by the vehicle (in my case "Air Temperature") and substitute them with another supported?

4. My resolution is 480x234 and with the default resolution the screen looks a little bit distorted like seeing 16:9 movie on 4:3 TV. When I try different resolution I loose the bottom of the screen. Is there a way to correct that?

And finally some suggestions but first of all I want to congratulate the team for the nice idea and the nice program. Keep with the good job!
And the suggestion: Please try to make the interface better looking - a bit HD, a bit nicer graphics (sorry to mention but a bit like Dash..... for Android). This program is far better in functionality, why not make it a little bit better looking?
Начинающий

cail » 04 авг 2014, 12:05

Glad for your!

Answers:

1) Basically yes, you may use "win32" build, setup and configure screens/configs and then just move configuration to your wince.

2) Keep "ELM init line" empty, but you may try to use "Toyota" protocol. This way you'll get extra toyota sensors.

3) You may edit the layout - but for now hobdrive supports this only manually.
Read viewtopic.php?f=11&t=136

4) Is that the resolution of your GPS unit? Or thiats an internal hobdrive settings you setup? Hobdrive normally adapts to the target resolution. Could you provide some screenshot to understand the problem?

5) Thanks for your words, yes, we know hobdrive lacks "bells and twistled" UI (thats just not our primary goal). But we understand thats important for the first impression and constantly working on improving this.
HobDrive(свежак) + Android4 rk3188 2din + Elm327USB + Pontiac Vibe 2003
Не пишите пожалуйста вопросы в личку. Создавайте тему в соответствующем форуме.
Администратор

dimitrov2000 » 04 авг 2014, 16:57

Thanks for the reply. Yes 480x234 is the Lexus OEM monitor screen resolution but this little distortion (it makes a figures a little bit taller and thinner) is not only in Hobdrive. That also happens if I put still image exactly 480x234 it also appears a little "longer" than actually is. It's about 20 pixels. I mean if I intentionally make the figure 20 pixels shorter then it appears correctly on the screen. I am asking for some suggestions to play with hobdrive resolution as to get correct resulting image in my specific device.
As for the UI, don't misunderstand me, it's good to keep the things simple. I was referring for something like more OEM look...Plain dark blue background and white letters (no cars, girls, fire, lol...), possibility to choose between different screens (like it's now) but with more room inside. For example, clean style analog clock, day, date, month, year, outside temperature, average fuel consumption and distance to empty. The second can be fuel details, the third - trip details, etc. All the same style.
Now is very useful, but it looks excel table like...and believe me it's not a question of design only. When you drive you must be very familiar with the program to remember where exactly lies the number you're interested in or what was the meaning of a number you catch within a blink of your eye, while you're speeding with 100 per hour. Well, you have 9 numbers on every screen and they are looking the same way...Here is the reason of graphical representation. Anyhow, that's another story as they say... Keep on with the good job because you are the only one that is doing it the right way.
I already bought license for hobdrive and it worth every penny. As for my personal settings I hope I can use the month of personal support. Thanks again.
Начинающий