OBDII ELM BLUETOOH ADOPTER DRAINING BATTERY

Help on hobdrive connection with vehicle, parameters configuration

OBDII ELM BLUETOOH ADOPTER DRAINING BATTERY

gaisundar » 06 июн 2014, 05:27

Hi Cali,

It has been quite some time more than a year that I have been facing problems of vehicle battery getting discharged if I dont start it for more than a week and I have checked every other part and finally it is suspected that ever connected OBDii ELM BLUETOOTH adopter could be the culprit for the continuous battery draining. But I also use the auto sleep wake up option on the HOBDRIVE.

Is this a known problem? and it is true? I also read some notes that says that power saving options are available in ELM BLUETOOTH DEVICES and could be controlled from software.

Kindly advise as this has resulted in myself changing the car battery at the dealership and still facing the problem of contiuous battey drain and unable to crank if it is not started for few days or a week.

Thanks in advance.
Начинающий

Re: OBDII ELM BLUETOOH ADOPTER DRAINING BATTERY

cail » 14 июн 2014, 23:16

Hi,

Unfortunately this is a common case with many BT ELM adapters. Some people works around this by adding a manual on/off switch into the ELM adapter's body.

There are some original ELMs with private power management schemes, but this is relatively rare and hobdrive does not support this (yet).
HobDrive(свежак) + Android4 rk3188 2din + Elm327USB + Pontiac Vibe 2003
Не пишите пожалуйста вопросы в личку. Создавайте тему в соответствующем форуме.
Администратор