Odometer?

Help on hobdrive connection with vehicle, parameters configuration

Odometer?

smitty124 » 27 апр 2012, 07:54

When I use my ELM connector with Andriod Torque ap, that software has the ability to determine the correct Odometer settings without any user input. If I try to input it manually through HobDrive, the values become incorrect after a few kilometres likely due to the speed error. (notably I have the proper tire size on my car) Andriod Torque gives the wrong speed as well by underrating it as much as 5km/h, but the odometer is always accurate as that particular software can pull the Odometer info from the ECU. Is it possible to include this in an update of your software?
Новичок

Re: Odometer?

cail » 28 апр 2012, 11:37

Is that chevy Optra? Do you use any custom PIDs in torque?
The point is that OBD2 has no odometer PID in standard. This means you can add your custom PID and then it'll be show correctly.

the values become incorrect after a few kilometres likely due to the speed error. (notably I have the proper tire size on my car)

Wrong speed is quite a vague term. You should not compare speed with arrow on your speedometer. You should take GPS speed and compare it with what's reported from OBD2.
More over, the internal vehicle's odometer may use some other logic to calculate distance - this means it can be wrong as well.
HobDrive(свежак) + Android4 rk3188 2din + Elm327USB + Pontiac Vibe 2003
Не пишите пожалуйста вопросы в личку. Создавайте тему в соответствующем форуме.
Администратор

smitty124 » 28 апр 2012, 19:04

No custom PID's in Torque. (although I have the pro version) Perhaps I entered it originally and forgot, although it seems to remain accurate but I rarely use it anymore since I switched to your software.

For the speed, my dash speedometer always matched GPS speed within 1km/h. I managed to get HobDrive to show the correct speed after some trial and error and setting the correction factor to 1.073. Now the HobDrive speed and odometer seem to match both my dash odometer/speedometer as well as the GPS speed.
Новичок

cail » 28 апр 2012, 21:00

Then, if hobdrive sees acurate speed, it should calculate distance with the same accuracy.
You may measure the _distance_ runout on a known interval (measured by GPS points f.e.) to understand why hobdrive differs with builtin odometer.

Notice that having hobdrive in wince multimedia unit means there is a delay of ~30-60 seconds before hobdrive starts. This means you may loose 100-200 meters each time you start your engine and drive immediately. There is no option to fix this unfortunately - but the accuracy even with this should still be within 1%
HobDrive(свежак) + Android4 rk3188 2din + Elm327USB + Pontiac Vibe 2003
Не пишите пожалуйста вопросы в личку. Создавайте тему в соответствующем форуме.
Администратор

smitty124 » 28 апр 2012, 23:26

I did set the registry to launch HobDrive first from the internal memory (prior to the Nav system and other head unit functions), and even added a delay to the others. There is still a delay although i'm pretty sure its closer to 20 seconds. Usually I can just start car power without starting the engine, put on my seat belt, and its ready to go. Either way, you are correct, a 1% difference is irrelevant.
Новичок