Usability of Fuel Filling record.& Tata nano settings

Help on hobdrive connection with vehicle, parameters configuration

Usability of Fuel Filling record.& Tata nano settings

gaisundar » 06 июн 2012, 09:09

Hi!

I am a newbie to HOBD as I downloaded and installed hobd1.1.1 on my Win CE 6.0 car multimedia device and found it working wonders. First of all I would like to appreciate the efforts put on the hobdrive/hobd to work on a wide range of platform or devices.(Which could well be a USP for hobdrive)

I added the fuel filling record and subsequently I could not either make changes to it or couldn't delete and make a new fuel filling record. I am not sure If it is already fixed If so Kindly pass on the beta release with the fix.

I also found that reset of the trip resets even the method of computation of instant fuel economy and need to set it back each time. Is this a known issue? and a fix is avbl.

The auto reset setting though allowed in the input form and given as 600 secs. does not seem to have any effect. ( I could see this feature listed only in hobdrive but since the form field was avbl on hobd tried this vein. ) It could be a bonus if provided on hobd.

It may be interesting to share the info. that I am testing the hobd on the worlds cheapest car TATA NANO in the southern tip of India. ( May be I am the first to do so :?: )

Any quick response would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Последний раз редактировалось gaisundar 08 июн 2012, 11:30, всего редактировалось 1 раз.
Начинающий

Re: Usability of Fuel Filling record.

cail » 06 июн 2012, 22:27

Hi gaisundar,
Here are my comments:

gaisundar писал(а):I added the fuel filling record and subsequently I could not either make changes to it or couldn't delete and make a new fuel filling record.

It is work in development - the functionality is limited for now.

gaisundar писал(а):I also found that reset of the trip resets even the method of computation of instant fuel economy and need to set it back each time. Is this a known issue? and a fix is avbl.

Not sure what do you mean with this. Do you mean FE computation method (MAF, MAP, etc) is resetted in vehicle settings each time you press "reset"? There was no such reports before and I hardly believe because the functions are absolutely unrelated. Could you describe in more details?

gaisundar писал(а):The auto reset setting though allowed in the input form and given as 600 secs. does not seem to have any effect

Thats true, in hobd demo you only can manually reset the collected information. Full version aggregates and analyses all the information automatically by time periods.

gaisundar писал(а):It may be interesting to share the info. that I am testing the hobd on the worlds cheapest car TATA NANO in the southern tip of India. ( May be I am the first to do so )

Probably yes, you are the first. It'll be good if you'll share your vehicle profile (vehicle settings -> share) to make it available to other users.
HobDrive(свежак) + Android4 rk3188 2din + Elm327USB + Pontiac Vibe 2003
Не пишите пожалуйста вопросы в личку. Создавайте тему в соответствующем форуме.
Администратор

gaisundar » 07 июн 2012, 03:17

Hi cali,
Not sure what do you mean with this. Do you mean FE computation method (MAF, MAP, etc) is resetted in vehicle settings each time you press "reset"? There was no such reports before and I hardly believe because the functions are absolutely unrelated. Could you describe in more details?

Yes. The default computation method set by hobd is by MAF. But my nano has only the MAP sensor so I have set it to MAP, on reset of the trip the method of computation gets reset back to MAF and I manually need to change the setting for FE Computation each time. I wish this gives more info on the issue.

It'll be good if you'll share your vehicle profile (vehicle settings -> share) to make it available to other users.

:D Has been uploaded. :D

Thanks,
Начинающий

cail » 07 июн 2012, 13:19

Yes. The default computation method set by hobd is by MAF. But my nano has only the MAP sensor so I have set it to MAP, on reset of the trip the method of computation gets reset back to MAF

I can hardly believe. But can you reproduce and put here "log.txt" file and your user.vehicles file

PS. thanks for sharing profile!
Администратор

Re: Usability of Fuel Filling record.& Tata nano settings

gaisundar » 07 июн 2012, 16:11

Hi Cali,

I can hardly believe. But can you reproduce and put here

I tried and could not simulate the problem now. It happend twice while i was driving and on the move. I would try to find the sequence if it occurs again.

By the by I am not sure about the ECU part of nano and supported sensors. I have taken few screen shots from ScanMaster and attached for your preview. Though it shows 3 oxygen sensors present in one of the screens it is not showing up in the sensor list as a value.

I just want to know if any more FE corrections are possible by Engine load/LTFT/Lamda for this car.

I have attached the pdf with screen shots.

Thanks,
Вложения
tata nano cx parameters.pdf
For your preview
(819.45 КБ) Скачиваний: 1097
Последний раз редактировалось gaisundar 08 июн 2012, 11:32, всего редактировалось 1 раз.
Начинающий

Re: Usability of Fuel Filling record. and tata nano settings

gaisundar » 08 июн 2012, 11:27

Hi Cali,

I found that in the sensor list screen clicking on the sensors was restarting hobd (ie. the status button changes to yellow and again changes to green). I have provided the log.txt as attachement.

I have upgraded to hobd 1.1.27 beta and launched all initial screens and sensor and sensor list screen. I wish this provides more info. on the ECU and error log.

Looking for your inputs on what type of FE correction could be possible ie. Engine condision/LTFT/Lamda.

Thanks,
Вложения
log.txt
ECU Sensor Error Log info hobd 1.1.27 beta
(11.36 КБ) Скачиваний: 1176
Начинающий

gaisundar » 15 янв 2014, 03:53

Hi,

Now I am a proud owner of hobdrive. I installed the latest release of hobdrive and configured the same on my win ce 6.0 device. It was looking new and working good. But it was not having the latest features of the beta version. So downloaded the beta update for the latest hobdrive and copied the files the same directory. All were working still the fuel records that were entered and visible while having the release version are not showing up on the fill up and events screen in the beta version.

You know I really wanted to keep track of fuel fill and maintenance records on hobdrive with ease of use.

Note:- One more feedback for now the hobdrive on selecting menu screen automatically closes the menu screen in few seconds. I wish it needs to be kept as as long as the user opens the menu it should be on untill the user actually closes the menu on his wish. It is really making any one who wish to use irritated, that they need to keep on opening the menu several times till they actually select their option at their own time.

Looking for your feedback and better version of hobdrive going ahead.

Thanks in advance for your efforts to bring it up and grow.

Thanks,
Начинающий

cail » 15 янв 2014, 12:34

Hi,

The bug with Fueling records screen will be fixed in next beta 1.1.92. Sorry for this.

Regarding "Screens" popup - thats reasonable, we'll configure that.
Администратор

gaisundar » 16 янв 2014, 04:14

Hi Cail,

Thank you for your co-operation and strong support shown in hobdrive. I also wish to bring to your notice that it is quite a while that a release version of hobdrive is made. Can you consider this request for a latest release version of 2014 then we could follow up with beta as usual.

Thanks in advance.
Начинающий