Connection to Nissan X-Trail 2003 DTi

Help on hobdrive connection with vehicle, parameters configuration

Connection to Nissan X-Trail 2003 DTi

chasyoule » 29 дек 2012, 00:09

I have a Nissan X-Trail Series 1, a 2003 model with the 2.2 YD diesel engine ETi, with Consult II. I have tried to connect to the OBD ( Nissan seven pin ) and the ELM327 Bluetooth keeps droping the connection. I know the ELM works fine as I do have another programme that works with the Nissan.

Equipment used
ELM 327 V1.4 Bluetooth connecting to Samsung GT-S5830i running Android 2.3.6 Build Gingerbread XXLK3

The Nissan has a Denso ECU and will connect as mentioned to another Android program. I have sent you a debug log. Thanks
Новичок

Re: Connection to Nissan X-Trail 2003 DTi

cail » 29 дек 2012, 08:00

Hello Charlie,

Have you used torque? it often 'blocks' elm adapter in hanged state so other programs can't use it easily.

Please try first to setup "ELM Reset" initialization template string in vehicle settings.

Also, it may be a chance that your vehicle is not fully OBD2 compatible. For that please try to choose in vehicle settings "Type" - "Nissan Custom".

If no success, please reproduce all above with "Trace" level of debug logs and send log.txt file again.
HobDrive(свежак) + Android4 rk3188 2din + Elm327USB + Pontiac Vibe 2003
Не пишите пожалуйста вопросы в личку. Создавайте тему в соответствующем форуме.
Администратор

chasyoule » 31 дек 2012, 00:48

Will give it ago, yes I have tried Torque, and had no response. I did not know Torque would be active if it is not open. I will uninstall it for now as I can not find ELM Reset.
Thanks.
Новичок

cail » 31 дек 2012, 07:56

Open Settings, Vehicle settings, ELM Init template, choose "ELM Reset", Press ok, then reconnection should be fine.
Администратор

chasyoule » 09 янв 2013, 23:53

Hi Cail

I did send you the attachments a week ago, however it seems gmail may have not reached you, so posting them on here. I am going to give it another go in the next day or so.

I did get comms with the ELM this time, however it seems I got no further, hopefully the files may give you a clue.

I may have not set something up right, or it may be that Consult II is not "talking". Once you have had a chance let me know whats to be done.

Thanks

Charlie
Вложения
logcat.txt
(1.01 МБ) Скачиваний: 1074
log.txt
(732.58 КБ) Скачиваний: 1055
persistent.data
(3 КБ) Скачиваний: 1053
config.xml
(1.17 КБ) Скачиваний: 956
Новичок

cail » 10 янв 2013, 09:01

Hi Charlie,

Sorry for delays - it was a NY )

I've checked your logs, it seems neither standard to Nissan Custom protocols are not compatible with your nissan.

You've mentioned another program can connect it via ELM? What's that program name, is it possible to take some kind of logs in there?
Администратор

chasyoule » 10 янв 2013, 22:54

Hi Cail

I am using Car Guage Pro, Issac has been very helpful and he is working hard to crack the final bits of raw data for me, and everyone else. Isaac has a forum for his app where I have up loaded all the data...

http://scantech.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=obd&action=display&thread=26&page=1

I have also asked IH at Torque to look into it, I know his programme workes on the X-Trail DCi diesels, but I have a feeling his programme is more complicated, although in theroy as CII is ISO 14230-4 KWP FAST of a sorts, but Nissan, it should be possible.

http://torque-bhp.com/forums/?wpforumaction=viewforum&f=1.0

Consult II has proved a very tuff problem as it is pre ISO Diesel but post Consult for which there are programs that work.

2000 - 2004 Nissan cars ran CII, petrol being no major problem as they were ISO OBDII for the US, where as diesel was not and Nissan were slow to take up OBDII anyway, partly because of their own Consult prog.

Thanks
Charlie
Новичок