RE:manually adjusting time and odometer reading

Help on hobdrive connection with vehicle, parameters configuration

RE:manually adjusting time and odometer reading

yillw » 13 авг 2013, 01:35

Hi Cail,
I am just wondering if there is a way to adjust the time displayed on hobdrive manually?
I have this problem that sometime the time displayed is incorrect, I adjusted the ce time and the player time, but hobdrive will still be worng. How and where I can adjust it manually or if this is possible?

Also, I usually started driving before hobdrive started, the different in the odometer betwwen the car's and hobdrive slowly adds up. How and where so I can adjust the odometer reading manully if possible at all?

Thanks in advance.
Начинающий

Re: RE:manually adjusting time and odometer reading

cail » 13 авг 2013, 06:57

Hi,

hobdrive will update its time after engine reconnect. Thats because immediate time update will cause all the data to screw up.

The difference you are talking about you'll be able to compensate in next beta update.
There will be a special "missing trip" dialog where you can compensate the lost data.
This will also allow to calculate fuel consumption more precisely.
HobDrive(свежак) + Android4 rk3188 2din + Elm327USB + Pontiac Vibe 2003
Не пишите пожалуйста вопросы в личку. Создавайте тему в соответствующем форуме.
Администратор

yillw » 13 авг 2013, 12:28

Hi Cail,
Thanks for the quick response.
But My problem with the time is a bit strange. I tried warm boot the WinCE part of the system, shut down and restart hobdrive, shut down the car and restart. the time will still be wrong, until the car been shut down for a while, I am not sure how long it takes, may be an hour?!! Then upon restart the time will be correct again.May be the DVD system has a cache for the data or something!
I am not sure, anyway thanks for your help and fast reponse.
Начинающий

cail » 16 авг 2013, 09:21

some 2din gps systems use GPS to setup correct time.

For sure it is possible only when GPS signal is located. Thus, after dvd startup it may pass 2 minutes on open space, or you may wait forever if you are underground f.e.

May be thats your case.
Администратор

yillw » 22 авг 2013, 17:06

Hi Cail,
Yes, I think this unit sync time with the GPS, however even after the GPS connected, automatic adjusted the time on the DVD part and the WInCE part of the system, the time in HobDrive is still wrong. I can shut down hobddrive, wormboot the wince, even shutdown the car and restart everthing, the time in hobdrive would still be wrong, eventhough the system times are all in sync and correct?!! Can hobDrive be forced to sync with the system time (WinCE) everytime it starts up? Thanks
Начинающий

cail » 23 авг 2013, 00:55

Hmm.. hobdrive normally reads out system time on start. Could it be that you see different by some fixed hours (caused by wrong time region?)
Администратор