lambda value

Help on hobdrive connection with vehicle, parameters configuration

lambda value

sascha » 15 фев 2012, 23:49

Hi,

I use HOBDRIVE with my VW Lupo 1.0. All is working fine so far but the lambda value and the corresponding voltages seem to not work properly.
In the lambda screen i have a constant 0.00 lambda value and (the second) OX value is fixed to 99.22%.
With other OBD Software I get "the right" voltage and current values for the two o2 sensors and a reasonable lambda value. What can be the reason?
Начинающий

Re: lambda value

cail » 16 фев 2012, 11:11

Hi Sascha,

There are many PIDs (sensor ids), related to oxygen and lambda - hobdrive only displays basic sensors. If your vehicle reports these data via other PIDs, this could be a reason why you don't see all the data.

Can you check with some other software on which PIDs (numbers) it is reading your oxygen and lambda?

Are you sure second Oxygen STFT sensor (Oxygen_b1s2_stft) is showing up? It is often 99.2% meaning its value is not used in fuel mix calculations.

Voltage by default is read from adapter circuit - it may not reflect real voltage in vehicle (however you can calibrate it).
Check out also a "Control Module Voltage" sensor in "Other sensors" screen. It may work on your vehicle.
HobDrive(свежак) + Android4 rk3188 2din + Elm327USB + Pontiac Vibe 2003
Не пишите пожалуйста вопросы в личку. Создавайте тему в соответствующем форуме.
Администратор

sascha » 16 фев 2012, 23:59

Hi Cail,

thank for the quick response,

OBD2Spy tells me that I get some mixture info via
PID 15 Oxygen Sensor Volts(B1S2)
and
PID34 Oxygen Sensor Volts(B1S1, wide range)

Within HOBDrive I only see one voltage and a static 99,22% -
I assume that this means that the prog can not do the Lambda correction as long as I do not get any live values into HOBDrive?
What about the vehicle settings? Is there any further tune ups? OBDSetup value say "6" ... and FuelSystem Status "256" - is that helpful?. Thanks for your support - but I really choosed HOBDrive because it is quite primising.
Начинающий

cail » 17 фев 2012, 06:56

Thanks,

I'll checkout if it possible to introduce these IDs (PID 34 is not used by hobdrive now).

sascha писал(а):this means that the prog can not do the Lambda

No you can't, since you need a working lambda value for this. Do you See in OBDSpy which PID it uses for Lambda value?

sascha писал(а):What about the vehicle settings? Is there any further tune ups?

In case you feel your average fuel consumption is calculated fine, no further setup is needed.
Администратор

sascha » 17 фев 2012, 21:03

Hi,

I got the impression that the secon labda value (PID 34) directly shows me the lambda value. At least in idle it shows values between 0.9 and 1.3 ... for higher loads (driving) I could not check yet (because therefore I need my laptop to be connected).

The average consumption looks reasonable - but it is just the knowledge of the behaviour of lambda which could help me to improve my fuel consuption further. See for which engine loads/ throttle position ECU starts to enrich mixture p.e.

The liters per hour seem to be a little bit to hight - just from a feeling because my 1.4l VW Golf needs only 0.7l/h on idle (but it has an electrical power steering which might have a benefitial effect from that significance on idle) - however the Hobdrive says that the Lupo need 1 - 1.1...
could be the wrong/missing lambda at the moment?

Is there a possibility to arrange a user defined sensor list in hobdrive, as I understood the manual it is not.

Best regards,
Sascha
Начинающий

cail » 18 фев 2012, 08:02

Is there a possibility to arrange a user defined sensor list in hobdrive, as I understood the manual it is not.

It is possible, but requires some technical knowledge (xml). You can download latest public beta here:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=63
Checkout "ecu/*.ecuxml" files for example sensor definitions.
I can give you some drafts on your PIDs, if you are interested.

however the Hobdrive says that the Lupo need 1 - 1.1...

What fuel calculation method you are using? MAF? MAP?
Probably Lambla really can fix this. I'll try to add it into the near release.
Администратор

sascha » 18 фев 2012, 11:22

Hi,

I have seen that in the beta version below vehicle settings I can choose the manufacturer etc. of the ca - does that mean that hobdrive is setting up the protocol specifically and hence the sensors/ PIDs and their usage are tailored? Or is it just a breakdown for the car´s list?
I have sent you a PM with my licence number.
Checkout "ecu/*.ecuxml" files for example sensor definitions.

Is that also possible in the mobile version?
Thanks a lot.

Best regards,
Sascha
Начинающий

cail » 19 фев 2012, 09:34

Model, maker etc are just informational. The 'vehicle type' field however gives a different protocols and protocol deviations.
This however will not help yet with different lambda PIDs (as in your situation). This should be handled manually for now unfortunately. I hope soon hobdrive will lean how to find what your vehicle supports automatically.

I've sent you a beta update. With it, you may try to add the following:
Код: Выделить всё
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<parameters namespace='OBD2Extra' description="Extra obd2 sensors">

<parameter id="Lambda" display="LAMBDA11">
    <description>
      <name>Lambda b1s1</name>
    </description>
    <command>0x34</command>
    <valueab>0.0000305</valueab>
  </parameter>

</parameters>

into 'user.ecuxml' file. This should enable your lambda PID.

sascha писал(а):Is that also possible in the mobile version?

yes, both desktop and mobile are equal in their features.
Администратор

sascha » 19 фев 2012, 23:04

Hi,

I have just tried. I assume after this "patch" the lambda value below the lambda screen should indicate something? It does not. :?
Did I get this rigth - the user.ecuxml just had to be created? And it is then always loaded no matter which profile/ vehicle I do load in the programme? However the idle consumption still was around 1liter/h.
How can I check if it changed something anyway? Shouldn´t I find now a new sensor below sensor list called "Lambdaall"? I couldn find it. Thank you very much for your help.

Regards,
Sascha
Начинающий

cail » 20 фев 2012, 05:26

sascha писал(а):Did I get this rigth - the user.ecuxml just had to be created?

Thats right.

Think I've made a mistake in file description. Try the attached one.
The Lambda sensor should just become active on "Lambda" screen.

However the idle consumption still was around 1liter/h.

Note that you should activate Lambda correction in vehicle settings to make Lambda affect the consumption.
Вложения
user.ecuxml
lambda descr
(336 байт) Скачиваний: 1017
Администратор

sascha » 21 фев 2012, 00:08

Hi,

What was the difference between the two files? After a (quick) reed check I couldn´t find a difference.
However, after the first test nothing had changed. But after I copied the file again and additionally into the install folder it worked.
Tomorrow I can test if the value now looks like a reasonable lambda. I hope that it is not another voltage what comes via PID34.
For what is the weight value in the vehicle settings used?
Just thinking loud: Will there be a power specific consuption gauge available in future :roll:
maybe in combination with a high refresh gps position sensor to obtain accurate acceleration and climb/ decent rate - I already have one for my racetrack motorbike driving :D
Changes of aerodynamic drag beyond squared groth due to head or tailwinds ignored of cause. That would be great.
Thanks,

Regards,
Sascha
Начинающий

cail » 21 фев 2012, 04:50

sascha писал(а):Hi,

What was the difference between the two files? After a (quick) reed check I couldn´t find a difference.

Just a wrong spec usage:
<command>0x34</command>
and
<address><byte>0x34</byte></address>

For what is the weight value in the vehicle settings used?
Just thinking loud: Will there be a power specific consuption gauge available in future :roll:

What do you mean on consumption gauge?
Weight is supposed to be used for future boost and horse power calculations.
Администратор

sascha » 21 фев 2012, 10:05

What do you mean on consumption gauge?
Weight is supposed to be used for future boost and horse power calculations.

That is what I mean - fuel consuption per actual horsepower - l/kWh

It seems to work fine with the lambda value now. Brilliant!

Coming back to the possibility to customize a user defined sensors list. How would that work. You mentioned that this needs some programming knowledge? Is there a simple list somewhere in any config file? Thanks again very much.

Best regards,

Sascha
Начинающий

cail » 12 июн 2012, 06:05

sascha писал(а):That is what I mean - fuel consuption per actual horsepower - l/kWh

Just came back to this thread and thinking over on this.
Do you mean here about static divider - mean enter your vehicle's power and just divide l/h on that kW?

The point is I'm trying to introduce a calculated Power (from speed and acceleration). Does it make sence to see consumption dependency based on current estimated power performance?
Администратор

sascha » 23 июл 2012, 22:15

Does it make sence to see consumption dependency based on current estimated power performance?

Yes, of cause! This would tell you if you really drive efficienty. Because every MPG calculation tells you more or less "drive in the highest gear at optimum speed - lets assume it would be 60mph". For optimising your driving during acceleration this power specific conssumption gauge would be exactly what you need to run your engine in the high efficiency islands - an accurate calculation of the fuel flow (MAP, as I use might be not the best - unless you incorparate a curve fit for the VE) and a good guess for the power/ torque (acceleration and vehicles mass should be OK for a levelled road)
I have a 5z GPS device which I use for laptiming on racetracks with my motorbike - the log files for lateral and longitudinal accelerations - all based on pure GPS (differential) data - look very promising.
Начинающий