Help on hobDrive
For support questions please use:
- Our Forum for discussions,
- Feedback button on the right side for your ideas and bugreports.
- Before asking questions please make sure you’ve read hobDrive user’s manual.
Hardware compatibility list
- GPS units compatibiliy list - discussion thread on this.
- Vehicles compatibility list - discussion thread on this.
Support on our forum:
- Questions and answers
- USB-host configuration in Bluetooth-less units
- Installation into the incar multimedia GPS units
- Standalone GPS units compatibility list
- Layout manual editing
- Android Beta
- 4” or more screen (hobdrive is not optimized for a very small screens)
- 800MHz central CPU (arm, x86, no mips support!)
- 512Mb of system memory
- Bluetooth or WiFi
Windows Phone requirements
- 4” or more screen
- WP 8/8.1 (WP7 is not supported)
Embedded Windows system requirements
- Windows CE 5.0/6.0, Windows Mobile with .NET Compact Framework installed (download from microsoft).
- Access to WinCE OS or existing way to install custom software (varies for different devices)
- Bluetooth hardware to connect with BT ELM327 adapter, or USB Host/Serial port to connect with USB/Serial ELM327 adapter.
PC-based system requirements
- When running HobDrive on PC-based hardware (carputers, touchpads, etc), the only requirement is to have any of recent .net framework installed. It is installed by default in all latest Windows Vista/Windows 7.
- Serial port is required to connect USB/COM based OBD-II adapter.
- Bluetooth to serial COM port creation is not nesessary since hobDrive can connect BT device by itself.